Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Freak Out

My vision for a mobile playa party is getting more intense. I started thinking of it a few days ago, and I'm getting more and more into it. I envision a cart, powered by foot or by bike, holding some sound equipment and some lighting and/or fire containers - and possibly some melon. This cart can be pushed out to the boonies in the playa for a spontaneous dance party.

I've been picking music that fits my vision for it. But I increasingly believe that a cart with a police siren light (for safety from art cars), fire, and loud music will attract attention and, if I'm lucky, a continuous supply of CDs to play out of the thing. Anything on the playa attracts attention... and the more fun, the better.

It's not really just about the attention or the success though... I'd truly be happy to have a party by myself out there. I just have a feeling I won't be alone.

Monica and I also made some nifty, furry finds at some thrift stores this weekend.. I am looking forward to the costumery this year very much. More to come.

No comments: