Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Vacation Indeed

The illusion of a vacation, like Memorial Day Weekend, is that you get relieved of a day's worth of work. Many of us who live in the real world know that's not true. My particular wake up call to that point is today's parking ticket emergency. I know.. Sad such a thing even exists. DPT chose to use the long weekend to overhaul their internal systems, which is a boat-rocker for us to say the least. In addition, they made us shut down web access the entire weekend. Now Monday's are always a big day for paying tickets; The day after a 3 day weekend - huge; The day after a 3-day weekend when no one could use the system all weekend... Well now I'm finding out. Add to that, their system change seems to have reduced their responsiveness to our system - and it all makes for a wonderful return from "vacation". Pray for me.

On brighter news... I saw my condo again this weekend and took some pictures. I'll try and post some if I can get them off my digital camera. I seem to have lost the cord... ugh. The place is pretty fly. The common areas are like nice hotel common area. Nice gym. Nice clubhouse with kitchen and pooltable and big screen TVs. Sheesh! It should make some Silicon Vallien quite happy and proud.

I think, after talking to Monica and myself about it, I'm going to go ahead and rent it out. I've considered flipping it and taking the profit I've made already.... but I'm going to go the "big boy route and hold onto it until I have a real reason to sell it. Big deep breath. Time to become a landlord.. Ew.

No comments: