Thursday, May 26, 2005

Vanilla Who?

It's a little strange writing in this thing. I'm not sure if I'm writing to myself or writing for others' consumption. Both I suppose.

So, assuming you're reading this, and you're not me, you might be wondering how I came up with Vanilla Street as a name for my blog. Well as it turns out, "Miles Blog" was taken. So were some other choices that were far more obscure. A lot of people must use this thing.

So the big development of this week is that I single handedly moved urban art forward. I innovated. I rolled out the first (that I know of) smell tag. Instead of making my mark around the city with spray paint, I took it back to the original intent like our canine friends. Mark with smell - better yet, a nice, pleasant smell. Improve the city instead of detracting from it. I am a good man. My mother was right.

Armed with a spray bottle of vanilla extract and some little gold star stickers, I selfishly and criminally made my mark on several spots around downtown during my lunch break on Tuesday.

Now I've been bad mouthing the run of the mill taggers around town. My friend Erin, an avid "graf" artist, is more than aware of my disapproval. I don't like the violation of private or public property mainly. Plus it's just so ugly most of the time. But I get a little charge out of the idea that I have transcended them - that they are but sheeple (I love that word) - and I am the true artist - the true pioneer.

Next time you smell vanilla around town. Think of me.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Impressive idea. Go!

WkdWych said...

Love it! :)