Thursday, October 20, 2005

Nikka

I have a new favorite recording artist for whom I'll likely hold a torch for at least a few weeks. Her name is Nikka Costa. When I ask others if they've heard of her, they say yes. But somehow I never have until yesterday. She is performing at The Independent next month and I have the fun habit of pre listening to upcoming shows there to gauge my interest in attending. Napster has two of her albums which are both excellent. She continually reminds me of many great artists (Prince, Chaka Kahn, Stevie Wonder to name a very few) and integrates all of those influences seamlessly. I can't wait for her show.

Update: I saw her show on Sunday night. All I can say is don't ever miss this woman if she is performing near you. The energy in that room was tremendous and her voice and band are fantastic. I think everyone in attendance was blown away.

No comments: