Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Ring

Today while I was working in the City Hall offices, there were a couple of people up from MUNI talking business with a nearby coworker. Then I heard my cell phone ring and did that quick-look-around-for-where-my-phone-is move but quickly realized that it wasn't my phone. The MUNI person had the same goofy song as their ring tone as I do.

Somehow I never get sick of this tone. I like it. It makes me want to do a little dance every time someone calls me. Sometimes I let the phone ring longer than I would otherwise, just to enjoy it.

Even though, realistically, we both had only 10 or 15 different tones to choose from on our phones, I immediately felt a sense of camaraderie with her and felt like alerting her to this little piece of our lives we both shared unknowingly. Obviously, doing so would make me a weirdo, so I refrained. But how funny.. those little overlaps.

No comments: