Friday, June 10, 2005

Alana Davis

Holy crap.

Yesterday, I just accidentally noticed the ad in the Weekly for Alana Davis at the Red Devil Lounge the same evening. I've had her CD for years and always thought she had a pretty sound. So I snapped up the opportunity to go check her out in such an intimate venue. So glad I did. Jamie and I went down a little too early and had to sit through some of the openers so that we wouldn't miss anything.

When she came on, it was just her with an acoustic guitar and a mic. She proceeded to melt me and many others in the audience with a soulful, emotional, and highly groovy set. What a woman. Truly seems to have it all together - Mind, body, soul, music, business (she started her own record label). What a great gift she gave us last night. I'm grateful. Thanks Alana.

Here's her website. If she's in town again, I highly recommend seeing her.

No comments: