Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Globalization

I'm sadly underinformed on the subject of globalization. Here is what I am able to gather and deduce.

- It seems to have a lot to do with free trade between nations

- From what I have observed, it seems to be liberal types who are opposed to it.

- Liberal types tend to support those with less means

- Free trade means those willing to work for a lower wage for the same product will win jobs

- The US has one of the highest paid workforces in the world

- Under free trade, jobs would leave the US and be given to those willing to work for less, hence pulling them up economically

So globalization to me means wealth draining from the US and shifting to less wealthy nations. This seems to me to be the agenda for liberal types.

I'm confused.

No comments: