Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Change

I can't tell you how happy I am with my current living situation. Those of us who live in the city can appreciate when you get just the right mix of everything (roommates, living space, neighborhood, etc). When it's good, you hope it will last forever.

It's really too bad that it doesn't.

Shannon has been letting me know gently and little by little that she plans to sail away someday with Michael off into the sunset and live happily every after. It sounds entirely romantic and adventurous and right up her alley. It also sounds now like it might start happening sooner than I expected.

Shannon is one of the best additions to my life in recent years, and it's terribly sad to think she could be subtracted soon. But I have learned in life that change is good, and the empty space left behind can and will be filled with more great things if I open myself to them.

Now my focus will be on deciding what I will do with our household that was designed for the two of us. I can't imagine a different roommate, and leaving her room empty would be expensive.

My eyes are peeled for a solution.

"When it's time to change, you have to re-arrange..."
- Brady Bunch

No comments: