Tuesday, June 21, 2005

The Reaper

So, as you know, I've been on an Alana Davis spree. Just infatuated I guess... Once again.

So I used my Amazon bucks gleaned from my lyrics website to purchase her latest CD, which is pretty ok. Nothing to force my friends to listen to I suppose (except poor Monica).

But there's one song on it, The Reaper, a cover of the song by Blue Oyster Cult. I'm addicted now, and all my friends will have to suffer through listening to it over and over.

There's something about both the music and the lyrics that is kind of spooky and haunting, but at the same time uplifting. I'm also a sucker for songs with la-la's, na-na's, or ya-ya's.

I'm not really much of a lyrics interpreter, but it seems to have something to do with one of the following:

1) Not being afraid to die
2) Not being afraid of anything
3) Becoming a vampire
4) Becoming a Scientologist

Not really sure exactly... But I think I'll definitely do at least one of those things as a result of overdosing on that song.

P.S. - I wasn't sure I spelled/used the word "gleaned" correctly, so I looked up the word. Here is the definition: to pick up after a reaper.

Spooky. But don't fear the reaper.

P.P.S. - I found some fun facts about the actual meaning of the song.

No comments: