Friday, June 17, 2005

Keys

Closed escrow today.

If I were going to move into my new sliver of real estate, I'd probably be much more excited than I am. At this point, it's still just an investment - no more or less exciting than the down payment money sitting in my bank account used to be... However, this place does have a fancy thermostat and built in LAN connections in the walls.. That's something new.

Although the appreciation has already been kind to me, mainly my mind is on how to make the payments and get a renter in there. Still no bites on my craigslist posts. I know I still have it pretty well over-priced, but I'm also worried about reducing the price too quickly.. Not really sure how long to wait. This week I dropped the rent by $100 and included utilities. Probably next week I'll reduce the price again. I've met (through email and in person) several other buyers who are watching me and my unit carefully.

Sometimes it's lonely being a pioneer.

No comments: